The Laureate Society was established to acknowledge and pay tribute to those who have chosen to make gifts to the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio through a variety of estate planning vehicles such as bequests, life income gifts and insurance policies.
Members of the Laureate Society share a strong common bond of generosity and visionary leadership, nourishing the university's continued success. We welcome the opportunity to recognize and honor your generosity that will have a lasting impact helping to make lives better for future generations. You may direct your gift to the programs and initiatives that are the most meaningful to you. For example:
- Provide life-changing scholarship opportunities
- Support our outstanding faculty and our specialty programs
- Enhance research efforts in areas important to you.
Your gifts will help educate future health professionals, conduct world class research and make our community healthier.
As a member, you will receive:
- ✓ An invitation to the Laureate Society annual membership event along with invitations to other special University events.
- ✓ Recognition in Laureate Society membership rosters printed in various University publications. (We only print your name with your permission.)
- ✓ A subscription to the Mission magazine as well as Blueprint In Giving, our newsletter for gift planning.
- ✓ A specially designed Laureate Society lapel pin.
How to become a member
You receive membership in the Laureate Society when you indicate that you have made an estate gift to the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. Some of the gifts that would qualify you for membership include:
- Making a bequest in a will or trust.
- Naming the University as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy.
- Creating a life trust that ultimately benefits the University.
- Naming the University as a beneficiary of an IRA or other retirement plan.
- Obtaining a Charitable Gift Annuity (CGA)
Other gifts may qualify as well. View: Gift Options
We are here to help assist you with a plan that meets your philanthropic and financial goals.
Your planned gift may also entitle you to membership in the Chancellor's Council
View and download: Sample Bequest language
View and download: Sample Beneficiary language
If you choose to name the UT Health Science Center San Antonio in a bequest or as a beneficiary, please let us know of your plans. This will enable us not only to show our appreciation for your generosity, but also to include your support in planning for the future of UTHSCSA.
View and download: Estate Intention Letter
At your request, gifts will remain confidential within the gift planning department.
If you have questions or wish to notify us of your gift and join the Laureate Society, you may contact Jennifer Clark in the Gift Planning office at 210-567-5001 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.