Are you looking for a way to benefit University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio both now and in the future? Would you like to simplify your annual and lifetime charitable giving?
A donor advised fund (or DAF) might be a great solution for you. You can also use a DAF to distribute gifts to numerous charities. With a DAF, you can make gifts to charity during your lifetime, and when you pass away, your children can carry on your legacy of giving.
Donor Advised Fund
Stock or Cash
Donor Advised Fund
Benefits of a donor advised fund
- Establish a flexible vehicle for annual charitable giving
- Benefit from a more tax and cost efficient alternative to a private foundation
- Receive an estate tax deduction and savings from your gift
- Obtain a charitable income tax deduction in the year of your gift
- Leave remainder as a bequest. At the time the DAF is established, the donor can opt to bequeath any remaining funds after they pass away to the Health Science Center San Antonio. This can only be done at the time the fund is established.
How a donor advised fund works
- You make an initial, irrevocable gift of cash or stock to fund a DAF.
- The assets in your DAF grow tax-free.
- You make annual recommendations on gifts to be made from your DAF.
- When you pass away, your children may recommend charitable gifts from your DAF.
How to give with your Donor Advised Fund
If you have already benefited from the immediate tax deductions offered by donor-advised funds (DAF), you should know that UT Health Science Center San Antonio is an IRS-qualified public charity, and thus is eligible to receive contributions from your gift fund. Please follow the instructions provided by your fund regarding minimum contribution, the process for recommending grants, etc.
The Health Science Center's tax identification number is 74-1586031. Please make checks payable to UT Health Science Center San Antonio
and mailed to the following address:
UT Health Science Center-San Antonio
Office of Gift Planning
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, MC 7835
San Antonio, Texas 78229
More on donor advised funds
A donor advised fund has several advantages when compared to a private foundation. The start-up time and cost are minimal for DAFs, and gifts to DAFs are generally deductible at fair market value. A DAF is also not subject to the distribution requirements and certain excise taxes faced by private foundations.
If you have any questions about donor advised funds, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.